Updated May 24, 2018
Information I Collect
· In order to communicate with clients and other interested parties, I collect contacts’ name, email address and employer name. This information is used only for outbound email communications either sent directly by me or affiliates or as processed by my email service company, currently Constant Contact. Constant Contact tracks user interaction and reports who has opened email communications and which links in my communication they have accessed.
· I maintain a contact directory which may include name, email addresses, mailing addresses, zip codes, and phone numbers.
How I Use Your Information
Information you provide for use for a certain reason will be used in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact me by email, I will use the information you provide to respond to your question or issue. I may use your contact information to provide educational information, inform you of products or services I offer, or inform you about events that may be of interest to you. All outbound email communication sent via Constant Contact includes information about how you may “opt-out” or unsubscribe. If at any time you wish not to receive any future communication or you wish to have your name deleted from my mailing lists, please contact me.
Where Information is Processed
My activity is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the United States and other countries. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
Disclosure of Your Information
I do not sell your information. There are, however, certain circumstances in which I may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
· Consent – I may transfer your information with your consent.
· Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties – Like many others, I sometimes hire other companies or individuals to perform certain mission-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information and maintaining data bases.
· Legal Requirements – I may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend my rights or property or those of my affiliates, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of our websites or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Links to Other Sites
I generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, I may delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and mission continuity purposes for additional time.
I understand the need for user privacy and access to user data is strictly limited and can only be accessed by specific individuals who have the necessary credentials and qualifications. I take reasonable steps to protect the information provided to me from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
Your Data Rights
You can unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link they contain. Individuals in the European Economic Area, Canada, Costa Rica and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether I hold personal data about them, to access personal data I hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment, or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to my uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect my ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
· How can I access the personal data you have about me? – If you would like to submit a data access request, you can do so via an email request. I will then start the process by confirming your identity and then provide you with an email containing the personal data that I have on you within 30 days.
· How do I object or restrict the manner in which you process my personal data? – You have a right to ask me to stop using or limit my use of your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if I have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate. Individuals in the European Economic Area have the right to opt out of all of our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, please contact me via email. You may also click the “unsubscribe” link in any of my marketing emails. The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, I encourage you to contact me first, and I will do my very best to resolve your concern.
Permission is granted to download unlimited copies of the materials on my web site or mobile applications for viewing. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
· Modify the materials
· Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by me at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any infringing materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
You may reprint my writings online or in print as long as you provide a link to our website and credit the original author(s).